About Us | Our Mission
Mission Statement: Called into God's Family, we join together to be transformed through worship, to nurture one another, to be equipped to serve Jesus Christ, and to carry out His mission in the world.
1. God's vision and God's will for the world is to reconcile the world to himself, and to its intended design. "Through [Christ] God is pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross" (Col. 1:20).
2. Part of God's reconciliation process is "the formation of a people, transformed by the loving sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and sent into the world as an agent of the reconciliation willed by God." (Robert J. Suderman in Re-imagining the Church)
3. The church is a people called by God to participate in God's reconciling activity to the world by becoming ambassadors of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:17-20).
4. The church is not merely a sending church, but a sent church. Mission, therefore, is not understood only as the task of a few people going to far away places to engage in God's missional purpose for the world; mission is the purpose and reason for the whole church in all of its activities, both near and far.
5. The sentness of the church comes from Jesus himself, who was sent from God. "As the Father has sent me, so send I you" (John 20:21).
6. The church exists as a community of salvation, and as a visible sign of what the world could be when God's reconciling activity is put into practice.