About Us | Our Basic Beliefs and Core Values
What We Believe:
1. God is known to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the creator who seeks to restore fallen humanity by calling a people to be faithful in fellowship, worship, service and witness.
2. Jesus is the Son of God who, through his life, death, and resurrection, is reconciling the world to himself.
3. The church is a community of believers being transformed by the forgiveness and love of Jesus Christ, and sent into the world to serve as God's agent of reconciliation, healing, and hope.
4. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the faith community interprets Scripture in light of Jesus Christ in order that we may discern God's will and follow Jesus daily in life.
5. The faith community gathers regularly to worship God, to hear the Word of God, and to align our lives with the Kingdom of God.
6. The Spirit of Christ empowers us to submit ourselves continually to God and to trust him in all areas of life.
7. We seek to live in the world by witnessing to God's grace in the ways of peacemaking, serving others, seeking justice, renouncing violence, caring for creation, and inviting all people to know Jesus as Savior and Lord.
In light of the above affirmations, we seek to practice the following core values:
"For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
- 1 Corinthians 3:11